Sunday, January 25, 2015

Birthday #24

When there are no more T-Swift songs to describe your age, you start to feel old and more adult-ish. The other day I asked Brodie, "How old am I?? Am I really 24??" It's such an in-between age. . .no exciting milestone to celebrate & squeezed between 21 and 25. My fifth graders frequently ask how old I am, and it does feel good to tell them that I'm 24 now. . . it sounds older and more mature. Little do they know that this is only my second year teaching and that I've never taught fifth grade before haha.

 For my birthday my fam all went out to lunch at Olive Garden, which apparently was a big deal because nobody really likes it but me (?!?!?) But they came along and I ate my body weight in breadsticks. Afterwards we hit up the K1 Speed Raceway (much more exciting than birthday #21), and then finished off the night with some pie and volleyball. 


moving up on the racing ladder. woohoo!

the enthusiastic birthday singers . . . lol

I could tell how much I enjoyed the break because it was sooo hard to get out of bed and back to school in January. Oh well! That's the teacher life . . . I can't complain too much since I had a full 2 weeks off of school :) 

Can't wait until Spring Break! Just have to survive the last few months of winter . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!