Friday, November 30, 2018

November

By November, life has usually slowed down a bit and we are able to enjoy more time as a family. We were lucky enough to have some nice weather at the beginning of the month. We took advantage of it by exploring a new park/waterfront by the Washougal River. We also had time for a weekend trip to Seattle. Then we ended the month with Thanksgiving dinner and some colder weather. 

We began house hunting in October, and are still searching! There have been two houses in particular that we have thought seriously about, but eventually decided against it. We know the right house is out there, we just have to find it! In the meantime, I am working on cleaning out and eliminating all of our extra "stuff". 

Sunday morning naps

Sunday matching 

exploring the Washougal River


beautiful fall colors at my parents' house

During my organizing, I came across a box of cards from over the years. The pictures below show many of the cards from my sweet grandparents. And this is definitely not all of them! I love that my grandparents (on both sides) are so thoughtful and send holiday/birthday cards. 



This year we celebrated Thanksgiving at Uncle Lance and Aunt Brandee's. We were responsible for bringing a dessert, so we made a double-tiered pumpkin cake. Brodie took on the job of frosting the cake and it turned out amazing! I can't believe this is the only picture I have from the whole Thanksgiving night!


And to end the month we visited a Christmas tree farm/attended a Christmas concert (more on that later) and snuggled up by the "fire".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!