Saturday, June 30, 2018

UWS Graduation

After 4 years of chiropractic school, Brodie graduated from University of Western States!! It is surreal and almost strange to not live the "school" life anymore. Our entire married lives, Brodie has been a student. First finishing up undergraduate school at BYU Provo, and then 4 years at UWS in Portland. His schooling included about 2 years of science/medical courses and 2 years of clinical practice. We are now ready to take on the real world! I have decided to work part-time (same grade, same school) and Brodie is on the hunt for a full-time job as a chiropractor.

The morning of his graduation turned out to be a crazy morning! Brodie left early in order to dress in his gown and rehearse. I left the house 30 minutes earlier than I needed to . . . just in case! It was a good thing I did, because I drove to the wrong venue! Rather than driving to the Portland Convention Center, I drove to the Portland Expo Center - two TOTALLY different places that are 20 minutes apart. And yet they are both near a Martin Luther King blvd. See how that can be confusing?? 

I pulled up to the Expo center and all I saw was a bunch of trucks. The woman at the parking booth gave me a very strange look when I asked for graduation parking. She asked me if I was there for the trucking convention (!!!) Realizing I was in the wrong place, I hurriedly called my parents because I told them to head to the Expo center. They were just 5 minutes behind me, and just as confused as I was. Long story short, we made it just in time. But it did require me running up several flights of stairs in heels and carrying a baby. I slipped in to the back just as the graduates were walking to take their seats. Phew!!

receiving his diploma - cum laude AND honors!
 

proud family of 3!


with my parents
 

 Brodie's parents
 

the Fish men

Heppler/Fish fam

We are so proud of you, Brodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!