Sunday, September 30, 2018

September

We are back into the swing of things! September is always an exciting but difficult month. This time around, the start of the year was a little bit easier now that I am only half-time. I am job sharing with another teacher and only work the morning portion of the day! I work from 7:00 - 10:45am and she works 10:45 to 2:30pm. We share a classroom and the same homeroom group of 4th grade students. However, with the way our school is set up, 4th and 5th grade students rotate to different math, science, and language arts teachers. Even though I have a 4th grade homeroom, I actually teach 5th grade reading and writing (just like I have the last 4 years at Fox). It worked out perfectly! 


I am home by 11, which means Brodie is in charge of Briggen in the morning. Brodie changes, feeds, and gets him ready for the day. The chiropractic office doesn't open until 10am, which means we only need a sitter for an hour. However, if it's a slower morning, Brodie will take Briggen with him to work. Briggen is the office mascot who wanders up and down the hall :) 


To help with the "return to work blues", we celebrated with some Hawaiian chocolates as we booked our flights to Hawaii! This trip has been in the works for a long time, but now it's final. We will be going to Hawaii for 10 days at the end of January with the entire Fish Fam. Can't wait!


Enjoying the warm fall weather with some walks. I love when Briggen holds my hand when he's in the front pack.


We went back up to Seattle for another weekend - this time, not only to see my parents, but to hear President Nelson speak! The devotional was at Safeco field and even Durant and Amy joined us. It was an AMAZING devotional with President Eyring and Sister Nelson speaking as well. One of my favorite talks was Sister Nelson's. She gave some very unique insight about what her life is like being married to the prophet.





I love this candid shot of Brodie and Briggen. 


Near the near the end of the month we went on a date night to Parade of Homes. It was totally worth the entry fee! We toured ten different million dollar homes near Camas Meadows.

Cosmo's first vet visit for a wellness check-up

And to finish off the month, we surprised Grandma Heppler for her birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!