I walked into Deseret Book and saw my face on a book cover!!
totally shocked. It was the strangest thing. I asked the lady at the counter if I could get a discount since my face on was the book, but apparently that doesn't get me any special treatment. bummer.
I posed for this painting over six months ago with my niece Anne for a woman named Elspeth Young. She is so talented!! Originally this painting depicted me as a Nephite mother who brought my child to see the Savior when he appeared to the people in the Americas. Which is why I was surprised to see me as Mary with my niece as the baby Jesus! Pretty cool though :)
"And so, the young mother in this painting brings her child to the Savior. The Messiah does not appear in person in the painting, but as the young one stretches forth her hand toward Him, the radiance of His countenance encircles her in hope and healing."
I also posed with my sister for Elspeth's "Women of the Bible" art collection. In this painting my sister is Phoebe, a woman mentioned in Romans chapter 16, and she is comforting me because I am a woman who just lost her husband.
This is soooo cool but really freaks me out at the same time hahahah over all it just blows my mind. You be looking good as Mary ;)
ReplyDeleteSo I clicked on the link... do you realize your face sold for 6,500 dollars!? I think that's the coolest thing I've ever heard. For realsies.
ReplyDelete