It’s June! And according
to my mother, June is also known as “June-uary” here in Washington. I had never
heard that before, but it makes perfect sense! It’s June and still only 60
degrees and cloudy outside. On a good day. Hahah otherwise it’s 55 and rainy. Heck, today I even saw a woman wearing ear muffs. . .
And
cold weather brings colds I guess! The past few days I’ve been sick with a
cold. It hasn’t been too bad, except the fact that every telemarketer calls me
Mr. Lambert. But, despite the colds (both the weather and my health), I’ve had
a fun and slightly productive week!
- Went to the temple with my mom
- Saw Snow
White and The Huntsman. Not sure how I feel about it. . .all in all, Chris
Hemsworth is a hottie and so the movie was alright. Let’s be honest, that’s why
people really go to see it in the first place.
\
- Played volleyball with the YSA
-
Yogurtland and Breaking Dawn with Andrea. Yes, I admit that I finally saw that
movie. And now I know that I wasn’t missing anything. When we saw this part, we
really knew that we had red boxed a quality film. . .
-
Went to REI and got hit on hardcore by the guy
helping in the shoe section. I guess when your hair hasn’t been washed and you
are wearing the same shirt that you slept in, you suddenly become extremely attractive
in the eyes of granola/outdoorsy men. Not only did I come home with a new
boyfriend, but two pairs of shoes that I am obsessed with! I’m sure after
wearing them every day for 18 months I won’t be so stoked, but right now I am
so happy I am wearing them around the house.
-
Skyped up the wazoo!! Chatted with Jennifer,
Stacey, and my sister/niece.
-
Bought a new watch for my mission! My old white
watch inevitably turned brown in New Zealand and then died from frequent
exposure to salt water and sand – who knew. So this time I went with a safer
gray color. . .dull but practical. This puppy will be with me for the next 2
years (fingers crossed) and is going to give me a sick tan line in Brazil.
-
I laid out! Well kind of. Sunday afternoon my
mom and I hit up the balcony in long sleeves and a fleece blanket. Gotta wait
til July for the real heat. . .
Shopped at my favorite store. Value Village (the best thrift store in the world) definitely delivered this time around! I am nearly done with all my missionary shopping, but there is always room in the suitcase for another piece of clothing, especially as one as amazing as this. One may ask. . .did you find that in the pants section or the skirt section? The answer to that question would be, the skort section! Naturally. Hahah kidding. P-day just got that much better, because I am going to be wearing this baby for sure. Light, modest, & practical for any activity – I am in love. My mom thinks it’s straight from a grandmother’s closet, which it probably is. But who can resist a perfect skort?
(i swear it's cuter in real life)
-
Oh, and I go running like I should be since
Ragnar is in less than two weeks and I should’ve been training months ago
instead of weeks ago. However my mother
has developed a good strategy to force me to go running by dropping me off when
we go to the store and making me run home.
And
this next week keeps getting better!!
Tuesday
: going to the temple and meeting up with childhood friend Hannah. Can’t wait J
Wednesday:
going to Seattle to be with Sean and Brittany!
Thursday:
staying up at my cabin with my mom to leave the next day to GO TO UTAH!!!
Enjoy
your week! Happy Monday! J



-001.jpg)
-001.jpg)
-001.jpg)
I loved the video!! SO FUN! It made me want to go to NZ really badly. And I appreciate the shout out!! ;)
ReplyDelete