Summer is going by wayyy too fast! I can't believe that my time off school is already half way over :( Last summer I spent all my time setting up my classroom and sorting through curriculum. This summer I haven't worked on anything school related which feels awesome :) Although I did have my first "school nightmare" this week, which shows that fall is right around the corner!
July 1st we moved into our new house, which we are OBSESSED with! We feel so lucky that God blessed us with this wonderful home. We are officially moved in with just a few home projects left to finish (.i.e kill ants, hang curtains, and spread new bark). Our home is tiny (only 650 sq. ft.), but it is honestly the perfect home for us. I will be sharing all about its wonderfulness + pictures next time!
For now we are enjoying July. Our first trip of the summer was a camping trip at Belfair State Park. Brodie and I love this park because it's the same park we went camping at 3 years ago when we had just met (summer 2012). That summer Brodie invited me to go camping with his family for a weekend, and of course I said yes! In fact, I cancelled multiple plans with friends in order to go (sorry I missed your bridal shower, Andrea!) But that camping trip is one of my top 5 favorite weekends ever. This is the park where we first held hands, talked for hours as we floated down the river, and snuggled at the drive-in movie theater. It was a perfect weekend!
Remember this picture?? It's one of my favorites!
Summer 2012 - Belfair State Park
A lot has changed since then! This time around we had Cohan, Emily, Danner, and Durant with us! And we brought Luna too :) We relaxed in the hammock, went swimming, read books, played games, and revisited that same drive-in theater. This time we saw Jurassic World and Pitch Perfect 2.
our mini backpacking tent
we hit 100 degrees!!
hammock time with Danner
Fish Boys
Fish Girls (we are so white!!!)
Drive- In Movies
And of course the month of July is not complete without celebrating the 4th!! Just like last year, we went down to the coast and watched all the fireworks at Long Beach. It's amazing! Every direction for miles and miles, fireworks explode up and down the beach. And the best part is the price - it's free! :)
my lifelong lover
haha our attempt at a "flag pole" patriotic pose
That's it for now! More to come with updates on our new house, trip to Seattle, and wedding anniversary. Our 3rd year of marriage begins tomorrow!! Wahoo!
So Cute!!!
ReplyDelete