One of our New Year's resolutions was to go on weekly dates. Nothing extravagant or expensive, but making sure to set aside quality time each week for just the two of us. We've tried labeling one day of the week as "date night", but our work and school schedules don't always match up. Instead we decided to take turns planning a date on any day of the week. Last week was my turn, so I planned a low key Olympics date for Friday night. We watched the opening ceremony, wore our Brazil jerseys, and even munched on some "Olympian" candy. Get it? peach rings = olympic rings. . . haha that was the best we could do.
the whole crew
just the B-Fish fam
roping steer (well. . .really just a bale of hay)
roped himself a hay bale!!
I was so close!
cowgirl photo booth
we made our own rope necklaces, which have now been turned into dog toys
bee keeping exhibit
cutie Danner boy
The horse barn was practically empty, but one girl (she was about 12 years old) was brushing her horse and offered to let me pet him. I got to spend 5 minutes petting Bugsy the horse and I was in heaven. But I also walked away with major horse envy!
my favorite part of the fair
classic fair picture
On Sunday we hosted an extended family dinner (Heppler side). We have extended family dinners every first Sunday of the month. This month was our turn to host! Since our house is tiny, we decided to instead have the dinner at a park near our house. Lugging the grill over to the park was a little bit of an adventure, but other than that, the dinner was fabulous! And afterward we played croquet and adventured at the park with the little ones.
nephew and uncle playtime
Other highlights from this week include some major bragging moments. Bragging moment #1 would be our small garden success! We planted a garden back in May and it's been so fun to see it grow. I'm not much of a gardener, so I was surprised and thrilled when the vegetables were big enough for us to eat! We planted lettuce, cucumbers, green onions, tomatoes, peas, and corn (lol). Tonight we ate salad made completely from our garden veggies (proud wife moment)!
our tiny garden
chopped and ready for the salad!
Bragging #2: After camping for 3 weeks (literally) we had no food in the house. So I stocked up on all the essentials (gatorade, juice, cereal, bread, milk, pizza, macaroni . . . don't judge us). And what do ya know? 52 items for 52 bucks! That's right my friends . . . I'm moving up on the coupon clipping ladder!
















Woah! You've been on a blogging frenzy - keep it up!
ReplyDelete