Friday, September 2, 2016

Goodbye, Summer

August is over and I'm in mourning :( The last week of August was spent setting up my classroom and attending meetings. Which was definitely not the most exciting part of August. So here are pictures of the more exciting parts, which include our trip to Seattle and some date nights. Brodie and I have been killin' it with the weekly date nights, and I sure hope we can keep it up once school starts next week!

Seattle - I took this picture on a lazy Sunday night. It was one of those nights when everything was calm and perfect. Mom was reading, Dad was asleep, Brodie and Luna were playing on the shore, and I was just soaking it all in :) 

second time surfing this summer 

Brodie has been working on getting more air

hahaha and this is a short sequence of his "accidental front flip"





Date to the Ape Caves - The hole in the background is the entrance to the cave. There are multiple entrances to the cave, the main entrance being the most popular and crowded. The entrance seen in this picture is tucked back in the woods and it took us awhile to find it. It paid off though! We didn't see a single other person in the caves, which was pretty surprising for a Saturday morning.

Once you get inside there is ladder down into the heart of the caves


Some spots you have to crawl through smaller tunnels 



Date to the Farmer's Market - Downtown Camas has a farmer's market every Wednesday afternoon. We took advantage of the sunny weather and went to check it out! We didn't buy anything, but it was fun to look at the different booths and chat with some familiar faces. Thanks to a gift card, we were able to slurp on some yummy smoothies from the local shop down the street. 

Date to Cavalia (aka the BEST DATE EVER!!!) - We have been seeing the Cavalia billboards for the last 4 months. All summer I've been begging to go, but I knew that it wasn't a very realistic idea. Tickets can be pricey and Brodie isn't nearly as horse obsessed as I am. If you haven't heard of Cavalia, it's a Cirque du Soleil type show that combines horses, acrobatics, and dance altogether. Basically it's everything amazing in one show. As the Cavalia Portland tour was reaching its end, and with lots of encouragement from Brodie's mom, we decided to go and snagged some last minute cheap seats! We were even more thrilled when we showed up and they upgraded our seats FOR FREE! It rocked. Definite highlight of the summer.

the "Big White Tent"

waiting for the show to start

freaking out over our new seats!
(we were originally supposed to be sitting behind the tent pole in the "obstructed view" section)

my hot date

You aren't allowed to take pictures during the show, but this was as the curtain was closing, so I figured it was ok. Shhh, don't tell!

Date to the Washougal River - One thing I love about these date nights is that we spend more quality time together without spending lots of money! Most of our dates have been completely free. Which is what we're all about. Last week we took Luna down to the Washougal River to celebrate National Dog Day.

These two are best buds. Luna just loooves playing fetch with Brodie.



blurry selfie

pretty sunset

we totally staged this picture, but we thought it was hilarious. . . Luna just chillin' by herself and enjoying the view

Random Tidbits - Here are a few other random pictures from this month. 

 Brodie and I bought this bread machine about a month ago at a garage sale for a couple bucks. We decided to try it out last week and were amazed!!  4 ingredients (water, yeast, flour, salt), push a button, and voila!! The yummiest bread ever. I'm a fan!

I know it's weird to take pictures of your food. . . but, hey. We were just so dang surprised to find out that making bread is such a piece of cake (lol).

Another pretty sunset pic that I snagged while dropping off "Back to School" goodies to my Beehive girls.

 . . .and this is just too adorable not to share. I have a whole collection of "Sleeping Brodie" pictures, but this one is probably my favorite. 

And that's a wrap! Summer vacation is officially over in 3 days and I will probably be so swamped in school work that nothing will be posted here until Christmas. So . . . yeah. See you in December.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to the ape caves, but they look cool! We'll have to come for a visit and you can be our guide :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!