This year we spent Christmas in Seattle with my entire family! It's not often that we get to spend time all under one roof. Brodie and I planned on arriving on Tuesday, but because of the flu, we didn't get there until Friday night (the 23rd). We were still able to fit in all sorts of fun-filled activities!
On Christmas Eve we played games, including a minute-to-win-it activity with candy canes. I think I was the ultimate loser in the family. The nieces and nephews also performed a live nativity on Christmas Eve which turned out to be the cutest thing!
Christmas Eve live nativity
Will was a (disgruntled) wiseman, Anne played Mary, Levi played Joseph, Sophie was an angel, and Davey was the baby Jesus.
All the kiddos on Christmas Eve
With all the wonderful chaos on Christmas day, this was the only photo that I took. Brodie was so thrilled to pose with his stocking on Christmas morning :)
The day after Christmas we went to downtown Seattle for a night out (all thanks to my parents!) We stopped by the Sheraton hotel to check out the Harry Potter gingerbread house display. Every year growing up we would come to this hotel to look at the gingerbread houses, so it was fun to relive that tradition!
After looking at the gingerbread houses, we saw The Little Mermaid at the Fifth Avenue Theatre! Dream come true!
Tuesday and Wednesday we stayed at the cabin at Snoqualmie Pass and went skiing. Always a highlight of our winter! I love skiing with my fam. And the fact that it was a powder day made it even better.
After a morning of skiing on Wednesday, we were able to make it back to Bellevue to do an escape room. This was my first escape room and now I am hooked! It definitely helps when you have genius family members on your team. Not to brag (I'm totally bragging right now), we completed the most difficult escape room available and still had 15 minutes to spare. That's what I call CSI material!!
And to top off my winter break, I got to celebrate my birthday with my fam! I can't believe how much fun we fit into one day. We shopped, raced at K1 speed, ate lunch at Olive Garden, visited the dog park, ate a steak dinner, hot tubbed, and played games.
After 8 days of a whirlwind vacation, it was hard to come back to our normal life. Especially since it has been so cold! Although freezing temperatures mean that Luna gets to stay inside, and she is definitely not complaining about that :)












No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a message!