Sunday, February 19, 2012

it's all about the playlist

My half marathon is in 5 days!

I have squished 9 weeks of training into 3 weeks and I hope that wasn't a stupid idea. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I ran 10.5 miles last week and my legs went numb. I kept thinking about those crazy people you see on tv that run all the way across America and back for fun. Then when they're done they go and swim the English Channel or something.

A) I felt bad for them
B) I admired them
C) I felt dumb because I couldn't even feel my legs after running for an hour and a half. Is that medically worrisome? I don't know, but the upside was that my legs weren't hurting!

The next day I went running and I ran 12 minutes before I had to stop because my legs were so tired. Hahaha so pathetic it made me laugh. However, I have found a solution. It's all about a good playlist! New music on an ipod is so motivational to me. I just keep running because I want to hear the next song.

Here are some of the very old and new faves:

Halo - Beyonce
Best Love Song - T pain
Without You - Usher
You da One - Rihanna
Princess of China - Coldplay
My Body - Young the Giant
Good Feeling - Flo Rida
One That Got Away - Katy Perry (weird, i know.)
Gold Lion - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

oh and never forget

Pick Me - Justin Bieber


2 comments:

  1. Conversation of two minutes ago:
    (Provo, ut)

    HC- dani...I think Natalie lambert is going to run a half marathon in New Zealand!!!
    Dani- NATALIE LAMBERT IS THE COOLEST PERSON ALIVE.
    HC- this is true. 100%.
    Dani- like I don't know how you can fit all that coolness inside one person..
    We loveth ye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I love that song by Katy Perry, it was like my theme song at work last semester, the girl I worked with and I would listen to it on repeat.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!