Everyone is enjoying a three day weekend :) Unfortunately New Zealand doesn't give the same recognition to US presidents (I don't know why!!!), so there was no school day off for me. BUT I still had a three day weekend with Friday off! Because I get a three day weekend every weekend :) Just another perk of New Zealand life.
This past weekend was beach weekend. Friday at the beach. Saturday at the beach.
Beach Day One
and then the tide came in and I screamed and got a mouth full of ocean
boogie boarding and surfing
After the beach we went out to dinner (i love waffles!!) and went to the movies to see The Vow. I am still getting over that movie. Not because it was so good. . . because it was so bad! I really had high expectations. I mean, I can look at Channing Tatum for two hours and be happy no matter how stupid the movie is. But really. Just watch the preview for it instead and those two minutes include all the good/cute parts of the entire film.
Beach Day Two
This beach day was a whole day at the beach with the stake YSA. I've never played so much volleyball. so fun! we also had a bbq and relay races. I found out I'm not very good at those egg tossing games. I can catch it. . . but not very gently. And I can throw it . . .but not very straight.
Hahahah I am the weakest link.
Great three day weekend.
Halfway through this week and can't wait until Friday.
Schedule for this weekend
=
Auckland museum & Maori dance performance
dinner
rugby game
half marathon
. . . and possibly the beach again :)
In other news. . .
I have been on a "no sweets/no desserts" thing for one week and one day. It's crazy what peer pressure can get you into! My roommates had the idea to not eat sweets until after our half marathon, and the day after I signed "the contract" I caved in and ate a huge bowl of ice cream. Didn't even last 24 hours. Then that night I was shunned, harassed, and stoned by my roommates for my lack of self-control. So I've been good ever since!
Still counting down the days though . . . only four more. But it hasn't stopped me from putting sugar on my toast, sugar on my cereal, sugar in my hot chocolate, and sugar on my fruit :) I'm getting desperate! I've been hoarding desserts from activities and saving them in the freezer. Can't wait to bust that treasure chest open this Saturday!!







This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you said that about the vow because I've been torn as to whether or not I wanted to see it and I decided not to but I think I would have felt like I was missing out on something but now I don't :)
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable...and witty. Be witty-ith me later. ;)
ReplyDelete