Sunday, April 29, 2012

mommy mia

this past week I practiced my mom skills.

I nannied for four kids overnight from Tuesday to Friday. I've babysit overnight before, but this was different.

 This involved getting everyone ready for school, making meals, dropping off and picking up from lacrosse/violin/guitar practice, birthday parties, shopping for birthday presents, girls scouts/boy scouts, entertaining, homework help, doing dishes (the dishwasher broke), cleaning up, and taking care of pets.

Needless to say it was a blast.

The mornings were hectic as the four kids went three different schools. . .

get the oldest to the bus stop for Jr. High
then drop off two at the elementary school
and then get the youngest to preschool.

Now I know why the kids got up at 6:30 for 9:00 school. Because it really takes that long to get everyone ready!


The youngest only had preschool til noon so we did some fun things together.

Hedbanz was a favorite activity


One afternoon we went to the dog park. Popular place to go! Haha only in Seattle. . .



holy big dogs!


we went on four leaf clover hunts. and actually found one!! 


and for the last hoorah on Friday I took them to McDonalds. 



They thought it was a real treat for them. . .but really it was a treat for me! I was there at the play place with all the other moms and just loved every second that I got to sit and not do anything. 

I have developed a greater appreciation for mothers and their ability to multi-task/stay organized under crazy conditions. seriously. Moms rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!