Friday, April 6, 2012

sheep show & a plethora of other animals


this was more than a week ago. . . BUT guess what!?!

there was the sheep show at the Agrodome in Rotorua!



 In New Zealand, the population of sheep exceeds the population of people.

We were shown 19 different types of sheep, and watched a sheep get sheared. Didn’t look too comfortable.


ouch!



then stacey sheared me. . .


grab the sheep by the horns!



Afterwards was the best part. . . the animal nursery! I held a baby lamb, which has been a lifelong dream. I also held a rabbit, a duck, and a turkey. Honest to goodness, I was in heaven.



Then there was a tour of the farm in which we drove around on a giant tractor. I got to feed a llama, an alpaca, an emu, and some more sheep J I am a farm fan.


olive trees!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!