Monday, December 29, 2014

classroom revealed {finally!!!}

I guess it is slightly anticlimactic to reveal my classroom 4 months after school started. I missed the "beginning-of-school-classroom-pics" movement that happens on facebook every August. This post is long past due - the perfect time would have been over summer, when the class was clean and I didn't have 26 ten-year-old students living in it.

At first, I was not a big fan of my new classroom. I missed the bright yellow walls of my old classroom.
last year's classroom


what my current classroom looked like when I first moved in


                          

                          

Now that I've added my own touches, I am in LOVE with my new classroom. There are lots and lots of cupboards, drawers for storing posters/chart paper, windows (seriously a big win), a document camera (no more overhead lol), two whiteboards, linoleum floor by the sink, two filing cabinets, bigger desk, several bookshelves, and overall much larger.

After many summer hours of cleaning, organizing, and decorating, this was the result. I think all my hard work paid off :)


warning: picture overload
 #sorrynotsorry

room 23

daily schedule/proficiency scale

Fox Four

class rules

front of the room

 Book Beach









behind my desk




front of my desk


above my desk 

classroom community supplies

word wall or "word wave"


weekly news wall



thank you Dollar Tree for the perfect bathroom passes!

focus wall 
"writing" the wave, grammar stars, & readers' reef

 turn in trays, Franklin the plant, Bubbles the fish, & absent folders


whole classroom

whew! thanks to Brodie, Pinterest, Dollar Tree, Ikea, and Walmart, my classroom dream came true :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh this is so fun to see. I remember you saying "and if I marry Brodie, I can have a fish themed classroom!" Hehe. You did it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!