Sunday, January 17, 2016

Birthday + New Years

I'm 25 years old!!! AHHHH!!! One perk to being 25 is that it sounds so grown up. So grown up and soo much older than 24. Which is nice since my students ask me all the time how old I am. Now they will really believe that I'm a grown up adult.

Before taking off to Seattle, we celebrated my birthday a day early by eating out at Olive Garden (my favorite) with the Fish Fam. Thanks for indulging me! I seriously cannot get enough of those breadsticks!! The restaurant was freezing, which is why I have 3 jackets on in this picture. 


And I got to do birthday all over again once we arrived in Seattle with my family! My mom and grandma were sweet enough to make an ice cream cake, which is also one of my favorites. 



Overall my birthday was pretty chill with lots of family time. We played games, went out to dinner, and my grandma taught me how to sew (shocking, I know). I guess turning 25 helps you be more domestic or something. 


Clearly my grandma is the sewing/quilting master because CHECK OUT THIS QUILT!!! My grandma has been working on it since we got married and now it is finished. Seriously so beautiful and perfect!!! We absolutely love it, grandma! It makes our room so cheerful :)



In other non-birthday news . . .  my brother got engaged!!! Brodie and I were the assigned photographers paparazzi. We were crouched in the dark snapping photos of the magic moment. I have to say we did a pretty good job, I mean check out this shot!


And that's about it. . . .now we are back to our normal routine of school and work. Although I had a snow day on my first day back from break, so that made the transition much easier :)


And just a quick update on 2016. So far we've had 6 game nights, the missionaries have been over 3 times, I spoke in church, Brodie's wrestling team was inducted into the high school hall of fame, Luna recovered from an infected foot, and we have played many hours of kinect. We are defnitely busy!

Heritage High School Wrestling Hall of Fame induction ceremony


When Luna's foot got infected, of course I freaked out thinking she was going to die and wanted to take her to the vet. Thank goodness Brodie is more frugal and cool headed. After lots of internet research, we treated her at home and she is now officially better! But she has also now discovered that she much prefers sleeping inside than out. Brodie is allergic, which is why she always sleeps outside in her dog house. With the infection however, she had to sleep indoors. She loved it so much that now she begs to come inside at night when it gets really cold. And we just can't say no :)


Brodie loves wrapping her up like a burrito when it gets really cold haha.


We have had several dinner guests so far this year, including the missionaries and some friends. Our first cooking endeavor was making homemade pizza! It was so yummy, we ended up making 4 of them. This last one even had stuffed cheesy crust!

It rains too much to exercise outside. . . but does this count? Ever since we got a kinect for Christmas, this is literally how we spend our evenings. 


And that's it! So far we are loving 2016!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. So fun! I hope you had an amazing birthday. I wish you were close enough I could've done something for you. Happy two-month late birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!