It's hard to believe that he is already one month old! He is still just a tiny little thing, yet has grown so much in the last 30 days. He figured out his days and nights pretty quickly, and has been an angel baby. In fact, his easy going attitude got us into some trouble early on! After coming home from the hospital, I noticed that he rarely had a wet diaper. At first, I wasn't worried, but after 36 hours without a wet diaper, I called the clinic. They were concerned he was dehydrated, so they sent me into the ER (which was quite the scare!) After an ER visit and 2 lactation visits, we found out that I was only producing 1/10 of his daily requirement of milk. I had no idea because I was dutifully feeding him every two hours and he never fussed or complained that he was still hungry. We supplemented with formula for about 3 days until my milk finally came in. Within 2 days, his weight was back on track and we were given the "all clear" to breastfeed exclusively. His first week of life was definitely an exciting one!
weight: 8 lbs 4 oz (28th %ile)
height: 20.5 in (32nd %ile)
head size: 36.5 cm (58th %ile)
enjoys: being held close, naps, baths, and tummy time
dislikes: diaper changes, loud noises, and his legs tightly swaddled
sleeps: 3-4 hour stretches at night
temperament: chill, happy, and easy going
hair: lots of it! straight and auburn colored
just a few days old
we find his hands in the funniest positions while he sleeps
see no evil hear no evil say no evil
Brodie is already the "fun parent"!
doing push ups in the front pack
bath time
I love the way he looks at Brodie!
We love you, little buddy!













No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a message!