Settling in as a family of 3 was easier than I expected. I was sore and had to move very carefully, but we found a natural rhythm pretty quickly. Brodie would probably say differently, as he was studying for his final board exams all week. But Briggen was an angel from day one - much better sleeper than eater, but not fussy one bit! There were a few rough patches with Briggen's weight gain and breastfeeding (including a visit to the ER), but by 2 weeks old, we got everything straightened out.
always snoozin :)
sleepy smiles after eating
awake!
At five days old, we went back to the birth center for a lactation appointment. At this appointment, Briggen did not show adequate growth. He had lost a lot of weight and was only getting 1/10 of his daily nutrients! What? Being a first time mom, I didn't realize that I should be supplementing with formula since my milk had not come in yet.We started a supplement schedule and Briggen took to the bottle and formula right away!
At our follow-up appointment we received good news! Briggen gained back his weight and was on track. The supplement definitely helped until my milk came in - which took a whole week after his birth.
visiting the room he was born in
saying goodbye to the birth center
happy back at home










No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a message!