Thursday, February 2, 2012

i'm going to be a missionary!!


Last Friday was the craziest day. That morning I woke up to drop off into a canyon on the world's largest swing. After riding the swing, I was on the computers in the bungy internet cafe at the top of the canyon. I was skyping with my mom to let her know that I was safe and my mission call came in the mail to my house in Washington! I wasn't sure if I should open it since I was in a noisy cafe filled with people, but there was no way I was waiting a week until I got back from the south island. So my mom and I opened it right there! There were a couple of boys from Belgium sitting right next to me and I think they were a little confused and overwhelmed. My friends were cheering, I was crying, and someone was taking a video. We explained what a mission was and that I would be going to Brazil for the next 18 months. The boy from Belgium said, "you are so lucky!" And he's right. I am soo lucky and so blessed! I am still in shock but so so happy :)

I have been called to serve in the Brazil Salvador mission and report July 18th. Which is perfect because I can do a few weeks of EFY and also run the Ragnar with my family in June :) My brother is in Teresina, Brazil right now which will be really exciting to be in the same country and come home at the same time. It's crazy to think that we'll both be home two years from now speaking Portuguese. I have a hard time understanding people here in New Zealand with their accents!

Just like every day in New Zealand, life doesn't seem real. But that day especially! I freefell 229 feet off a ledge and got a mission call to Brazil. Life is a dream!


2 comments:

  1. So excited for you Nat!! You will be FABULOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how much I love this video and how much I love and miss all of you! CONGRATS NATALIE! You will be amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!