Definitely a bittersweet kind of thing.
Last day meant no more planning and no more staying late after school.
But it also meant saying bye to the kids, which was sad.
But it did turn out to be quite the party :)
For weeks I’ve been telling the kids that they would get a pizza party if they were able to get 200 points. My associate teacher and I have been keeping a tally on the white board of the party points, which has been an extremely effective management strategy. It cracks me up because the threat of “I’m going to take away party points” works like a charm, every time. They just don’t realize that teachers manipulate things so that the kids always end up with a party. The last week when we were still far off from the goal, I started handing out points in tens instead of fives. Yet they were still so excited and surprised when they reached 200 points!
my associate teacher, Mrs. Templeman. She's honestly the best.
The party was a hit. Perfect ending to six weeks. We combined all the senior classes for a huge farewell party. All the kids brought food from home and we ate our hearts out. I played some j biebs on my ipod and they all went nuts.
heaps of food from the kids!
(sorry got lazy with the picture rotating thing)
"HELLO AMERICA!!!"
At the end of the day they sang me a song – I love when they sing in Maori. It’s so beautiful.
Miss Lambert you're so funny, you make my wishes come true
I wrote a description about you, what I've learned about you
about you
i appreciate all the time you spent with us, playing and laughing with all of us
it breaks my heart that you have to go, please hold my hand and never let go
let go
We love having you at school, we'll miss you very much
I really got to know you in all the time you spent with us
with us, with us
we've done storyboards, party points, t ball with us
we love you so much don't ever go back to America
I like you so much Natalie, I wonder if you like Barbies
I've never seen your house before, but that would be a real big score
big score, big score
i appreciate all the time you spent with us, playing and laughing with all of us
Just hold my hand and never let go
let go, let go
I mean. . . not to brag or anything. She's the one who wrote it not me!
I was also given a beautiful headdress, a chocolate bunny, and a handmade bracelet. If you ever want your self-esteem boosted, come talk to these kids because they do a good job of it!
Can't wait to eat this chocolate bunny
Me and Stacey
and that's that! I can't believe how fast six weeks went by. It was one of the best experiences I've had and I know I'm gonna miss seeing those kids everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a message!