LUGE
Hahahahaha. My life ROCKS. Hahaha I just laugh every time I send an email about what I’m up to. “Today I rode a luge down a mountain and then afterwards hopped in a giant hamster ball filled with water and rolled down a grassy knoll with sheep grazing peacefully nearby” HAHA. It’s probably not very funny to anyone else, but I can’t get over it. It’s a frequent joke with my roommates because we feel like it’s all some joke. A very, very good joke. My life is not even real!
gondola ride to the top
Honestly I’m surprised that the luge is legal. People could die! Of course we had helmets, but that’s about it. Otherwise they just let you loose! Down the track you go. And you get going realllyyyy fast. When you whip around the corner and there are four people in front of you, it can be hard to keep control while trying to wind in between them. Luckily we only had one accident. . . Mallory flying off the track and losing all the skin on her knee.
taking the chairlift back up
{Dad!} – I just pictured you on the luge and laughed out loud. I caught myself doing things you would do. . . like rushing in front of the old people in line so I wouldn’t get stuck behind them. I was telling my friends “Now you gotta take the corners wide and use less brake. You’ll go faster that way than trying to take a tight corner.” On the chair lift up I noticed I was analyzing the course. And before each run, I started my stop watch to get my lap times. I thought. . . oh no! I’m turning into my dad!
the competition



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a message!