3 classes and only two more to go! Classes can seem long since each session is 6 hours, but considering what we do in school, time goes by pretty fast. This week we've been working on "maths", as the New Zealanders call it. At first I thought our teacher had a lisp, but then realized that's what they really call it. They call it "maths" because it's referring to mathematicS not mathematic. Hahaha apparently Americans are the stupid ones.
Became familiar with the metric system by
measuring how far we can blow objects across the carpet
used the golden ratio (and other essential materials) to figure out the dimensions
and size of goliath's body: 12 feet tall!
practiced writing upside down - a commonly used teacher skill. yeah. . . it's safe to say that there's definitely some room for improvement. I particularly struggle with the numbers.
learned about place value in exchanging "United Octopus Bank" money

activity for reflection, translation, and rotation = an excuse to do art for a whole day
1. First we created a pattern, which was hard for me because my creative juices are permanently dried up. That's why everyone has flowers and turtles and I just drew lines.
2. Then wrinkle up the paper and iron it out. This gave me a chance to really show off my domestic skills.
3. Dye your tapa with brown dye
4. Bleach the parts you want to be white
5. Be proud of your ability to make elementary art!
In other exciting news - my roommate Stacey got her mission call!!! :):) She skyped with her family and she will be serving in Carlsbad, CA speaking Spanish. She is going to be a wonderful missionary. I'm so excited for her!
Next week is my last week of school! Once we finish up social studies and science, I will be all done :) and the most wonderful part about it, is that finals don't exist here. Can't say I'm too bummed about that.





i hate you... haha you look like you are having so much fun. our math class is not nearly as fun! and the fact that you are almost done and that you have no finals... why did I stay in Provo!!?!?!?! I miss you and stacey. tell stacey I am so excited for her!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletebut I dont really hate you... I just dislike you very very much ;)
Quick semester! And your classes look like a lot more fun than mine ever were:)
ReplyDelete