Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Fear not, only believe." Luke 8:50

Today I went to church and it was so so happy. I loved being there. Even though the people are unfamiliar, the church and talking about the Savior is so familiar. It was fast Sunday today and it was amazing to hear the strong testimonies of the New Zealand people, and I was grateful for the opportunity to share my own testimony. The ward boundaries just changed and the Polynesian and Samoan wards disbanded, so now the ward contains a mixture of cultures. Everyone is so loving and so kind. I received millions of hugs, kisses, greetings, and invitations to dinner. I've already made some friends in Relief Society and in the YSA class - it's impossible not to make friends really. Tonight we were invited to our first "social outing" at a YSA fireside (woot woot!). Being away from home can be scary and different, but it's so peaceful when you can go to church and be surrounded by people who love the Lord and believe the same things you do. It strengthened my own testimony to know that no matter where you are in the world, the church is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!