Monday, January 16, 2012

laundry lover

I have discovered a chore that I love to do!! I usually hate doing laundry - I have always hated it. Especially at BYU. . you haul all your clothes down (from the past 3 months haha) and try to fit it in one machine because it's cheaper. Then you have to put the quarters in, calculate what time you should come back, and then walk back home. 36 minutes later you come back to move all the clothes to the dryer. Then start the whole thing over. And you really end up doing 3 rounds of drying because your clothes are still soaking wet.

Laundry here is a little different because there are no dryers! (unless you are absolutely loaded). So you hang your laundry out to dry in the sun. This is my new favorite chore. I love to be outside in the sun, hanging clothes, and listening to music. All of the clothes are so colorful and when you deal with more difficult items (such as sheets or unmentionables) you feel accomplished when everything is perfectly hung and you've used the minimum number of clothespins. Only drawback is when it starts raining, which has been happening a lot lately. But again, another reason why this is one of the better chores. It requires athleticism, coordination, and concentration. seriously. It's like a game - running out in the rain and seeing how many clothes you can stuff in the basket and get back inside before everything is soaked. If you really wanna get intense, try it in the dark holding a flashlight in your mouth!


Recently my laundry playlist has consisted of bon iver, the new coldplay album, and lil wayne "how to love". Interesting mix, but I love it. If you haven't heard this song you are really missing out. It's short but wonderful. Shout out to Jazz Myres! We used to listen to this song over and over back in the roommate days :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!