Saturday, January 14, 2012

a productive weekend

Today is Sunday and the weekend has been so relaxing and wonderful. I'm almost sad to go back to school tomorrow. The good news is . . . I'm already finished with two of my BYU classes and only have four classes left. hoorah!

On Friday I went with some friends from my stake to Mission Bay in Auckland. We went out to ice cream and dinner, visited a park by the bay, and played some rugby! I like to think that I'm coordinated and good at sports but rugby was a little different! It moved super fast and the whole "only-throw-backwards-or-laterally-thing" did not work for me. So instead I would grab the ball and just run until somebody yelled at me to stop. what? i don't know the rules!

walking to school - gotta take a few runway shots

where we go to school e'ry day

visiting Kirsten and Emily at the Sorensens



view of Auckland from Mission Bay

scenic "hot spot"


i scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!

how could you resist this?!


somehow i'm always camera ready. . .don't know how it happens

told you

rugby at the park


That night to celebrate Friday the 13th we went into downtown Auckland to see the "three witches". Ephraim and Jershon claimed there are three witches hanging from a tree in the park. It was just a joke, but I definitely fell for it. Because I fall for everything. We were driving in the dark and I was looking reeeeally close to see the "three witches". Then a hand smacked against the window (stupid Jershon from the front seat). I nearly had a heart attack! Ok yeah...I did have a heart attack. I thought for sure the three witches were out to get me.


On the drive home, with all of us piled in the van, we turned off the radio and sang songs while Ephraim played the guitar. It was a great playlist: Beyonce, Rihanna, Lil Wayne, and Jack Johnson. I think we all realized we didn't know the words to "Halo" as well as we thought we did. lawls. They also taught us how to "talk New Zealander" - probably so they aren't so embarrassed to be with us.

Saturday was the day of productivity!

1. Slept in just a little :)
2. Saturday chores: vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, and hung it out to dry.
3. Went for a run and worked out
4. Rearranged our bedroom to make more space
5. Read a book - I don't know why, but I am super into reading lately. Probably because I have the time now. I've already read a few and need to figure out how to get more!
6. Made dinner and did the dishes (my mother probably thinks I'm lying about now)
7. Went to bed early (best part of the day :))

ok, it might not look any bigger, but it is. really, I promise.


Even though we're from America we still know how to do laundry. Shocker!



Now it is Sunday and I'm sitting with Victoria and Stacey and watching Beauty and the Beast. Not the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast, but instead it's the "Latter-day Saint Tale". If you ever want to crack up, watch this movie. As long as you can handle Cheesy McCheeserson movies. But if you love those like I do, you'll soak this one up! The acting is phenomenal and the soundtrack absolutely inspiring. I would say it gives Twilight a run for it's money!

Church was wonderful as always. . .next week we're getting callings! They hinted it would be with the Primary kids so I'm excited :) And later tonight I'm going to a YSA planning meeting to help with an upcoming stake activity. I'm such a socialite! The ward is great and loves to get together, and get togethers always means food! Which is ok, because after all, "I'm only here for the food." (if you don't know that movie quote, you probably think I'm a brat).

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are having fun - it was great to skype with you last night!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!