Before I start blogging about New Zealand, I feel like I need to catch up on all the going ons of Christmas break when I was back at home. so as my mother would say, here is my holiday happenings "in a natshell".
First of all, Christmas happened!! Amy, Jeremy, and Anne as well as my grandparents came into town to visit. We went into Seattle, romped around at the cabin, and went a little crazy with activities like go-karting at K1 Speed in Redmond.
Really good looking head gear for go-karting
Snow shoeing up at the cabin
Seattle visit
Following Christmas was my birthday! It was the big two-one! To celebrate, I woke up early to go to the bank with my dad (yay!), got my haircut, went out to dinner with my family, go-karting round two, and began packing to NZ. Overall it wasn't as rambunctious at the average 21st birthday, but I did do some crazy things like start a blog and stay up until midnight.
The peak of the night actually happened after dinner when my dad and brother left to go up to the cabin and my mom and I headed over to K1 Speed. On your birthday, you get one free round of go-karting, so we decided to "go" for it. I walked in and told them it was my birthday and the girl at the counter got all excited for me and said, "oh how cool!! how old are you?" I told her I just turned 21 and came here to celebrate. She was a little confused because the only people there were me and my mother. She asked, "go-karting for two?" I told her, "No, just me. My mom is here to watch." I could tell she was trying hard not to laugh, but checked me in for a race with another group of six people. Of course, this "birthday party for one" ended up joining a race with all people from my high school and they were on a triple date. Only slightly embarrassing to say the least. They pretended to not know me and I raced around the track as my mom watched me through the glass. See I told you. . .this 21st birthday was a real crazy one :)
*My mother is probably worried that I didn't like my birthday and that all blog readers will think I was unhappy, but in reality it was an awesome birthday as I got to spend time with my family, ate really yummy food, didn't have to do any homework, and beat my all time lap record in go-karting (I showed them!)
And finally! The last New Years before the end of the world! Went out to dinner at Red Robin with friends, dropped in at the Fisher's party, and went to Seattle for the fireworks. If this is my last New Years before the world ends on December 21st, I can say that I am satisfied with how I spent it.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a message!