of course because it's nearing the end, everything starts getting crazy and begins to blow up. Literally blow up!
Today in science we each taught a mini lesson and mine was on Newton's first law. I was going to use eggs in my activity and had two hard boiled eggs and one raw egg. As we were walking to the bus stop I realized I forgot my eggs!! I left my backpack with Stacey and Mallory and sprinted home (the bus stop is pretty far away). It was hard to carry three eggs without dropping them so I tucked one somewhere safe and carried the other two. It didn't really matter though because we ended up missing the bus.
In school, after all the experiments were finished, I heated up the boiled eggs to eat for lunch. I swear. . . I only put the eggs in for 20 seconds (that isn't even long). They were nice and warm and I bit into the first one, and good thing I was holding it way close to my face because then it blew up. I'm not scientifically saavy enough to explain how that happened, but hot egg innards went all over me and burnt my skin! I'm not kidding. I have little burn marks on my face. They will probably be gone by tomorrow but it was a pretty dramatic thing at the time.
Today I have to finish all of my assignments which are due tomorrow, and because I am the biggest procrastinator, I've left quite a bit for myself to do :) However there is great motivation to finish because tomorrow we leave to go camping until Sunday night. We are camping in Coromandel, which is equivalent to heaven.
THEN Monday we set off for the South Island and will be gone for ten days! Perfect end-of-school celebration :)
The coromandel peninsula is amazing- you'll love it. Dont miss Rotorua on the south island. and, bungy jump for sure! If you have a chance to do a milford sound cruise, dont miss it. Look into black water rafting in Waitomo caves- super fun to do with friends. Im excited to read your posts from the south island! love it!
ReplyDeleteJealous!!
ReplyDelete