Saturday, January 21, 2012

saddle sore but so happy

This is my second post for the day because it's Sunday here and my internet is working! (which isn't always the case). Plus there was so much happening in one week, I didn't want to make a post the size of Texas (shout out to JR, KM, & JS). After a wonderful week of school, we spent the weekend relaxing at the house, doing chores, and horseback riding.
!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I love everything about my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how to explain how I felt, so this will have to do the trick.




The sun was out, the hillsides were breath taking, I was riding on a horse, and in New Zealand. Life couldn't get any better. I even got a bit of color! More of a burn actually. I used sunscreen but missed the back of my neck, which is now a gorgeous brick red color. When I came home Victoria (my host mother) came into my room with a plant. I wasn't sure what she wanted me to do with it, but she ripped off a section, opened it up and started rubbing it on my neck. It was an aloe plant! Maybe I'm the only one who hadn't put those pieces together, but aloe vera isn't just a made up name. It's named after a spiky, sticky plant in New Zealand!


The horses we rode apparently starred in The Chronicles of Narnia - cool huh? One was Prince Peter's horse and I guess my horse played dead in a war scene. Can't get any closer to Hollywood than that!








And they had little hobbit horses!!

I was just a little excited




I'm a little embarrassed I posted so many horse pictures, but I just couldn't help myself. And these are just the selected few of many. It was a dream day! Afterwards we came home and had the house to ourselves so Stacey, Mallory and I cooked dinner, cleaned, and then watched Signs. Victoria came home to see us all piled on one couch yelling about aliens. We even stayed up until midnight. wooohoo late night!!

but seriously.


1 comment:

  1. Such a horse person :) I love this post! And this whole blog. I can't believe I just found it this week. Holy smokes. Thanks for the shout out. Love you chicka!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!